If your organization’s data is compromised, you must report the breach to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC).
On November 1, the Canadian government released new regulations for how organizations report data breaches under Canada’s federal data protection law, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Organizations that fail to comply with the new rules could face financial penalties and legal action. In this lunch seminar, you’ll learn more about:
- What constitutes a data breach
- The types of breaches that must be disclosed
- How to submit a breach report to the OPC
- When and how impacted individuals need to be notified
- The mandatory record-keeping requirement for all breaches
- What areas are not covered in the new regulations
- How to safeguard your organization from data breaches
Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Date(s) - 21/11/2018
11:45 am - 1:30 pm