Canada’s East Coast IT & Technology Career Fair will be held on Thursday, May 1st, 2014.
This initiative is to provide Canada’s East Coast Employers an opportunity to tap into the deep Toronto IT Professionals talent pool to fill current East Coast job openings, to build talent pipelines for the future and to position East Coast IT and Technology Corporate brands amongst Toronto IT Professionals.
The cost of the event itself will be paid by the Council of Atlantic Provinces… namely, the Governments of Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. The Employers are responsible for their flight and accommodation only.
Each Province will have people present to promote the advantages of living in the Atlantic Provinces.
This is not a typical Career Fair. ONLY Job-seekers with the necessary skills are personally called and invited to attend.
The sourcing of Job-seekers takes into consideration skill sets, job title, willingness to relocate and previous connections with the East Coast Provinces such as residence, employment, education etc.
The event is held in Toronto, Ontario at the Metropolitan Toronto Convention Centre, downtown Toronto.
The Career Fair Overview
A successful twist on an old standard… a career fair with BOTH a floor booth and an online booth
Meet face-to-face with hundreds of ‘qualified’ IT candidates in a matter of hours
ONLY ten (10) Employers Booths available on a first come first serve basis
An “Invitation Only” Event
- The qualified candidates sourced are telephoned and invited to attend.
- CareerDoor’s exclusive proprietary IT database is used to source talent – additional sources accessed if necessary.
- Talent is sourced based on skill sets and more – not just job titles – the search criteria is taken from the employer job descriptions.
- Only registered candidates can enter the room – no ‘off the street’ walk-ins.
- Candidates are given badges with name, skill sets and years of experience.
- The ‘Event Dashboard’ allows ‘pre and post event’ access by the employers to information uploaded by applicants.
- Online event site includes corporate write up and ‘corporate branding’ for each employer
- Employer’s open jobs are posted to the event ‘virtual site’.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply online and to upload their resume pre-event.
- The site includes a ‘lite’ CRM allowing emails to Candidates and between Recruiters working the event as well as search functions.
- There is 60 days post event access to the candidate database.
- Each employer has its own 10’ wide X 8’ deep floor booth as well as a virtual booth online.
- The event is one day from 10:00AM to 3:00PM.
- Food and beverage for the day is included.
- Everything is included (tables, chairs, curtains) except your corporate booth ‘branding’ – simple branding like a single stand-up banner is best.
For more information including BEST PRACTICES for success, please call:
Vice President, CareerDoor Inc.
416-907-8200 ext 219
Toll Free: 1-888-866-7750 ext 219